November - a time for hibernation, turning inward, taking stock and most importantly, giving thanks. Kind of like the push for peace and goodwill toward men once December rolls around, I'm afraid thanksgiving (lower-case "t") has the tendency of being somewhat seasonal for the average soul, but not so much for me since entering the bloggy world. You guys know how to smack a girl upside the head and encourage appreciation of the little things.
In an effort to kick off this month correctly by fully embracing my everyday blessings, I present...
The Top 10 Things I'm Truly Thankful for at this Very Moment:
10. The genius writers who continue to crank out original and smart episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" - honest to goodness and sincere, them's some funny folks. Color me pea green.
9. The Most Interesting Man in the World brought to you by Dos Equis. Charlton Heston meets Ernest Hemingway meets Steven Wright. What's not to love about a guy who "lives vicariously through himself?"
8. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It makes me happy that investigative journalism is dead, because I'm positive those things are very, very bad for us and/or the environment. But I don't care. My shower door has never looked better. Totally worth the third hand I'm going to sprout.
7. DVR technology. I know I've already gushed, but after some of the comments received on my recent post concerning our switch to Verizon Fios, I feel the need to defend my obsession. You may find me spoiled and entitled, but we can afford the luxury - I don't pass the plate for contributions, have revolving credit card debt or $0 in the savings account. If one day, I must choose between feeding my children or recording "America's Next Top Model," don't worry, I'll choose my children. Eventually. Until then, DVR goes right up there with fire and sliced bread.
6. "Party in the U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus. I challenge you to not "put your hands up." I find it irresistible and optimistic. I appreciate that on so many levels.
5. Nice teenagers. Trick-or-treating brought out the older kids in our neighborhood, and I'd like to offer their parents a shout out - job well done. You've restored some of my faith in the future.
4. Speaking of good trick-or-treating, kudos to you, Mother Nature, for the perfect temperature and full moon of Saturday night. Well done lovely lady. Well done.
3. My oldest son's newest game creation of Dodge the Tots. If you have a Sonic nearby, get yourself some stuffed tater-tot plushes via the kiddie meal and have at it, dodge ball style. The only cardio I'm getting these days.
2. My husband, who just handed me a warm, creamy McDonald's coffee. Love you babe. For so many reasons.
1. Being my boys' mother, because I'm privy to such beautiful rise-and-shine greetings as: "Guess who's outside Mama - Mr. Sun!!!" Good morning indeed.
What random items are you thankful for at this very moment?