Moms Without Blogs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://momswithoutblogs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 2, 2009

T.T. - A "Wagie Ride" for Tuesday

You know when you get that feeling of helplessness? That feeling that you wish you could do something to right a wrong, to heal a hurt, to solve a problem but you really have no role in the matter? Well that's how I'm feeling.

Like many of you out here in the blogosphere, my heart is breaking. We have all come across stories that shake us to our core and that is what has happened to me with the latest news of a tiny soul leaving the planet much much too soon.

If you're familiar with Tuesday Whitt's story, well you know. If you are not familiar, you can click here and browse through a blog that is written by Tuesday's mama, Jessica Kate, a strong, faithful woman whose courage and love and personality simply jump off the page every time I read her words.

Every day last week held such a different vibe.  The highs and lows and hopes and fears of caring for a child with cancer were so evident with each and every post. When I saw that Tuesday had passed away on Friday, well...there were no words. As a woman and a mama, my heart could not shake the images of this darling Tuesday with her sweet magnetic smile.  My thoughts drifted to how any parent could survive the death of a child - but somehow they do. Somehow.

I read on Tuesday's blog that her family is holding a celebration of her life this Saturday and they are inviting family and friends to meet at their home to walk together in a little parade to the memorial celebration held at a local equestrian center.  The family is encouraging everyone to come on bikes and in wagons because "wagie rides" were one of Tuesday's favorite things to do.  

I believe in this community so I thought how can we gather in our virtual world to show our support for this incredible family?  How can we let Tuesday's family know that we are with them in spirit?

A little conversation developed between me and my bloggy friend Em at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit and we have devised a plan:

We would like to hold a virtual parade on Saturday, February 7th, for Tuesday. We want each and every one of you to stop what you're doing on Saturday and spend a little time with your kids on a bike ride or a wagon ride or a sled ride or a skateboarding cruise or a stroll in the park and to photograph it.  

Then on Monday, February 9th, we are hoping that you will post your photograph(s) from your own little parade and come back here or over to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit to drop your name in a great big Mr. Linky.  All in one place where we can see the power of this community coming together in a show of solidarity and support for one of our own.  

I also have high hopes of grabbing the photos and putting them in one master slideshow for the Whitt Family but let's take it one step at a time.

We can't be with the family physically but we can be with them in spirit.  Reminding them they are not alone.  That somehow, someway we are all in this together on the journey. Hopefully our prayers and our photographs will lift their spirits if even for a moment.  

What can you do now?  First step is to grab this button and spread the word.



(Thanks to Shauna and Bianca for pulling through last minute!)

Post it on your blog, tell your readers about the plan and let's get this parade going big and strong.  I'll have the button up all week directing people to this post and hopefully we can all get outdoors, breathe some fresh air, laugh with our kids, and wrap our arms around the Whitt family as they celebrate the life of their precious little girl, Tuesday.

Questions? Email me please!  leemwob AT gmail DOT com  

Blogkind rules.  All there is to it. 

P.S.  And all you true blue moms without blogs out there?  Well, you're in on it too. If you want to be.  All you have to do is email me your parade photos and they will be posted here on MWOB along with mine.  I got you all into this scene so why not jump in a little further? 

33 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea! I can't imagine the heartbreak either. My kids are both teenagers, so it will be hard to pin them down to do ANY thing. But I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totally in! i may have to get creative, but i am definitely in! you girls rock. that em is one awesome gal pal, isn't she? you're not so bad yourself.

    i am awed by your ability to take this awfulness and try to make it a little better. i've just been left speechless and helpless and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in. What a big heart you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is a better place with people like you and Em setting an example for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!
    I will get you a grab code later today! Have to run out but will get it later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I found that story after your weekend post, and spent most of the morning reading Tuesday's story. Then I realized the best thing I could do would be to turn off the computer and hang with my kids.

    The wagie ride is a great idea. I'm in. Will post it tomorrow. Thanks Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartbreaking story! Thanks for organizing the Wagie Ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Lee. I have been thinking about Tuesday a lot lately which usually ends in tears, I can't imagine what Tuesday's family must be going through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'l be posting my pictures on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea - I love it and I'm in!

    I also happen to think their celebration of her life is absolutely AMAZING!! What strong and beautiful souls they are and yes, an example for human and blogkind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea!! I'm in. And thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This family has been in my thoughts all day. Thank you for this amazing tribute! We will definitely take a wagie ride on Saturday. I will post about this tomorrow on my blog.

    Thank you again...blogland is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet idea. I just cannot imagine the heartbreak. I can't.

    I've added the banner to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so cool, I can't wait to be a part of it. I think this is the beat way to deal with this loss. You and Em, totally ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I already had a snowshoe/sled ride thingy planned! Count me in too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an incredible thing you are doing.
    Tuesday is such a special spirit and touched so many and it's just beautiful to see.
    Thank you! Thank you!
    I will be attending in Colorado, but look forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures that are posted for the Whitt family.
    I know they will LOVE this!
    ~Debi

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I can't believe how many people have been touched by this story. I can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to honor a beatiful little girl. I will be in Colorado on Saturday. Thank you for doing this. I will definetly be looking at the picture Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm in - have read about tuesday AND aiden, whose mum has the blog confessions of a yummy mummy. she's posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll definitely help get the word out.

    Blogging has just brought me so many amazing opportunities, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that me and my best friend are in. We had planned on doing this anyway, but now I will have someone to help out with getting the pics to the Whitts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for doing this! We will be participating.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My best friend & I were already planning on doing this & we'll be sure to take lots of pics & post them, then sign up with Mr. Linky. Thank you so much for doing this for the Whitt family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea. My heart has been so sore for Tuesday's family (and for Yummy Mummy) and I'm so happy you found a way to show support for them!

    thank you...We'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dont have children - but I will be scrapbooking with some friends and will take pictures of our event in honor the family - my sister will actually be in CO with the Whitt family
    KP - Sanford NC

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in. I'm late to the game, but will be having a Wagie Ride on Saturday! Thanks for spreading the word so we can all participate.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE this idea! I am definitely going to join in. I will bring my daughter Katie and my little guy Mike (who is also a cancer fighter) on a walk in honor of Tuesday's life...

    ReplyDelete
  28. me and kacey are doing some things honoring tuesday with a happy hearts project too and this is just fab! i posted the button up today and will every other day until saturday for others to see. thanks...giving something tangible is nice for the fam to see...i'm just broken for the fam. praying and more praying!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is great, I had the same feeling as well...to do something in her honor. Check out what I'm doing this Tuesday. I'm taking your button to my blog right now. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This really is such a heart-breaking story.. and touching as well.

    Hope you are doing well... haven't seen you or your posts lately, and miss ya!!!!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs