Moms Without Blogs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://momswithoutblogs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 14, 2009

My Life - Where The Christmas Cards Have No Names

Written by Lee

I have no idea why I think I can keep up with blogging and accomplish my Christmas shopping and everything else Christmas related.
Really. That is so insane.

I had high hopes for a creative Monday morning post but at 11 PM last night, the creative pistons were not firing. Plus any brain power I DID have last night was being spent doing some online searching and shopping.

My brain cells did get a few hours rest so they are up and firing this morning, but alas work awaits. As in my job. The one I'm actually getting paid to do. And I'm standing in a dirty kitchen in my pajamas at the computer getting distracted by my Google Reader. Priorities people. I have them.

I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that I forgot to have our names printed on our family's Christmas cards that I just ordered from
Tiny Prints. I was so in awe of myself for getting on that Christmas card task and finding pretty good pics (I think) to insert into the card template that I liked and coming up with a witty little thing to write inside that I damn forgot to add OUR NAMES!!

So at like 3 AM, I'm lying there feeling like a dumb-ass and realizing that I have a few choices -

1) Assume the people we send our card to know us enough or will recognize us in the pictures that I can just leave off our names on the inside.


2) Write our names in with a sparkly holiday pen (or a Sharpie) on all 100 cards. Is this even an option?


3) Write one of those newsletter type inserts that I usually do write but usually only send to the people who have no idea what's up with us (i.e. friends and relatives in faraway places) but this year I would instead insert one into every single card on our list. With our names signed on the bottom.


Am I over-thinking this? Does anyone care if you get a card from some people you clearly recognize and maybe even know dearly but their names are not on the card? Does that seem impersonal?

Or is it just par for the course for a generally overwhelmed supermama like myself?

14 comments:

  1. I say just write the names. I usually do. You have to write addresses write? What's a few more letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names on the bottom in the sparkly pen/sharpie. Makes it more personal. Labels for the addresses! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put your return address stickers on 'em. Life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Emily. Sign the cards and do labels. What a bummer though.

    Hey ... you're farther along than I am. I haven't even ordered mine yet. Baaa humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One year I got a card from the owner of the company I worked for, who was also my direct manager. It was a picture of her and her family but she forgot to sign it. I brought it to work the next day to show her and we laughed off and on all day about it! She thought it was particularly funny because she had no idea how many she had sent out without a signature! Now she has them pre-printed and all, so hopefully she'll not forget to let the printing ocmpany know what names to put on the card. (Although, my guess is now, she has her personal assistant do this for her, something she did not have when I was working at the company!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never given in to that helpful little thing Snapfish does where you can enter your addresses and they mail it for you, for this specific reason - I like receiving a hand-signed Holiday card.

    There. I said it. Call me a selfish bitch with too much time on her hands. I know. I know.

    Find a cool sparkly Sharpie and nice bottle of red and get to signing.

    Want my address :-)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you could print a label with your names and even the kids' ages and stick that on the back of each card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny, Lee - I say...sign the dang cards lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually just send New Year's cards instead of 'holiday' cards - and if they don't know who you are - then, (not to be snarky but..) why send them a card?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay folks. I really really appreciate all of this input! But Under the Influence has really swayed me with her laughing her ass off about the woman who did not sign her cards!!

    So....Em has suggested I get signing. And Karen has too. Really Karen? You really would suggest signing? I thought you were just as overwhelmed as I am.

    Jen, Amy, and Emily all want signing too. And Jen has four kids!! What is up with that??

    Busy Bee has a point - life IS short....would anyone be that upset if a label was smacked on there? That's an idea...

    And Swirl Girl - I love your snark - you know that - but I do only send to people who know us .... I think. :-)

    Sparkly pens really do get me going so.....they might be winning. Maybe labels that look like they've written with a sparkly pen? Possible new invention?

    Hmmmm.....I guess I need to toss and turn about it some more....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're funny. Want to feel better about your situation? I'll tell you a secret. I'm not even sending cards. Just an email with a picture attached. Hahahaha! I'm totally serious, too! Why spend all the money and time (when i'm short on both) when at LEAST half of the people throw the card away anyway?

    But if you're going to send them, sign them. It's nice to get the personal touch. :) I want mine hand delivered in January. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, really, Lee - When I do send pre-printed cards (which is not every year unfortunately), I couldn't send without personal signature - but thats just me. you can just go with people wondering... "what the...?" that's unique and memorable at least...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Own it girl...be the woman who didn't sign her cards;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Nap Warden. Then again, who am I to say? I'm pulling my hair out and losign my mind over here.

    It does crack me up that you forgot that part. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs