Moms Without Blogs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://momswithoutblogs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I have a secret.

And I wonder how you will feel about me when I tell you.

I have someone I've really been loving spending time with.  

And it's not my husband. 

Has that ever happened to you?  You start getting to know someone and pretty soon you realize that when you know you might get some alone time together, you start feeling kinda well, excited?

Well this is happening to me.  

Yesterday morning after the school kids were off to school, I found myself having another opportunity to hang out with this person.  

It was a brisk, sunny January Southern California day with big puffy white clouds moving across the sky.  

Our meeting place was quiet, beautiful and rather hidden, which added to the intrigue of it all.  

We chatted, we laughed, we shared a little bite to eat, and we gazed into each other's eyes and smiled. 

I had suspected I was feeling this way already but yesterday sealed the deal.  

I am head over heels in love with him.

And the funny thing is?

I don't think my husband would mind at all.

'Cause I think he feels pretty much the same way as me. 



Sorry if I got you all worked up for nothing.  But I couldn't help it. After my date with El Destructo in our backyard "treehouse' yesterday morning, I realized how much this is all true - that I'm utterly head over heels in love with this blue-eyed, wispy blonde-haired son of mine.  

And in the middle of my daily chaos, I must remember to force myself out of the routine and the obligations and the cleaning and the bills and the phone calls and the mama list of endless to-do's and simply hide away with my little lover.  

'Cause there's not much more I need to turn me on than a guy smearing yogurt all over his face.


 

21 comments:

  1. Man oh man. that is exactly how I feel about my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw! I Thought you were having an........ anyway happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little boys should come with a label - Warning: heartbreaker.

    Yogurt covered stinker - my favorite flavor. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was speed reading to find out the answer! I just want to eat him, he's so cute! It's always a blessing when we "remember" why we do what we do and have what we have. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is a looker! but then again, i am partial to blue-eyed blondies (i have two, thank you very much). the good news is... you only fall MORE in love with them as they get older. it's true.

    moody teen was in such a good mood, waking early to lots of snow! before he could stop himself, he had given me a big ol' squeeze and an "i love you, madre!"

    and while he is out sledding and wreaking havoc, i am making him brownies as a "thank you".

    as for my other one... i haven't seen him in days. he had a two night sleepover and didn't take a change of clothes or a toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so very true! Hope you gave each other lots of loves and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, you scared me. I'm scrolling down the page thinking..."I SO hope she got a picture of my good side, at least."

    ;-)

    He's a cute one... Do you at all have a problem having a fling with a guy who poops his pants?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute :) Enjoy your special time with your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwwwwwwwww - the best thing you can spend on your kids is time. i bet he loved hanging out with you lee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The only men I get to spend any time with USUALLY have food on their face,too ;) My husband doesn't mind, either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look like he is pretty easy to love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutie patootie. Who wouldn't be in love with the little monkey?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lead in is priceless... the picture? Perfect! Cute post. Love your site! Can't wait to see your entry for the printer contest.

    jyl
    Mom It Forward

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! Some of my favorite dates have been with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have 2 girls so I miss out on the mommy-son love affair - but all my friends with boys say the same thing.

    I do feel like my tween is my bestest girlfriend tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and a good reminder to stop and enjoy our children. Lately I haven't done enough of that - ARG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great moment! He is a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweet! I feel that way about my son, I want him to stay little forever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs