Moms Without Blogs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://momswithoutblogs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GIVE.

It's such a powerful word. And as a mama, sometimes I feel like all I do is give. Every second of every day to everyone else except myself.

But I know that's a narrow view of what's going on in the world. And one aspect of life I have always loved and appreciated and needed is perspective. And I usually get the perspective I need through stories.

I work as a video storyteller, if you want to call it that, and generally I've been fortunate to work on many programs where I was given the gift of perspective through the stories I helped tell. But my career does not always afford me the perfect television show to produce and write that will help me get out of my narrow view of the world.

And then blogging came along.

And I've become addicted to the stories I read here. Stories that uplift me, make me cry, make me appreciate, give me hope, teach me, touch me, connect me, and lift my spirit.

The blogosphere has given me the gift of perspective every single time I take the time to read the stories that live here.

That is the main thing this vast bloggy universe has given me.

So in this season of rushing and wrapping and stressing and wishing and giving, I wanted to let you know of a few opportunities around blogtown that can give you a dose of perspective, if you need and want one. And with each of these options, you will give but you will also receive.


Some of my most favorite bloggers are hosting this auction and I've checked it out. The items up for auction are insanely awesome and I kinda don't even want to tell you because then you might outbid me. Gifts for the ones you love, treasures for you, and all the while you'll be helping two awesome causes. You can read all about The Liz Logelin Foundation or the story of Anisssa Mayhew here. If you need perspective this holiday season, please visit. Seriously.


HAMO Holiday Playdate

This Holiday Playdate is happening this Sunday, December 13th in Los Angeles. It's an awesome blog spearheaded by an LA blogger I've only met briefly but she's got all kinds of good energy and she believes strongly in this cause. The Help A Mother Out Foundation does exactly what its name implies. Helping mothers in need by providing diapers. And this weekend if you bring a pack of diapers for a mother in need, you will get to benefit at this lovely holiday playdate. I am going and bringing my kids. Does anyone want to come with me? I would love it. Let me know.


This project is the story of six bloggers who have come together to concretely change lives. On their blog they write, "This is what we are going to do here. Work together. Friends with one thing in common. Wanting this life to matter. To change lives. While we ourselves are changed." Their first project is raising money for a clean water well in a community in need in a developing country. Such a simple thing I take for granted every. single. day. Clean water. If this project, speaks to you, go here to read and give.


Twenty Four At Heart

This is a blogger whom I have heard about but only yesterday found out about a cause she is advocating. She has written about it in a heart-wrenching 2-part post that starts here and ends here. She will tell you all about an organization that is near and dear to her heart that is working literal miracles in the lives of disabled people all over the world. An effort to give those who would NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE a chance at a new way of living. Be prepared if you click over. The stories will touch your spirit deeply. I have no doubt.


The possibilities are endless to give really. If you are a part of any other effort that you would like to make us aware of, please feel free to leave that information in the comments. I am humbled by the blessings of my life and I am thankful for the power of story that brings me to my knees in gratitude.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about these other causes. I am going to check them out. Blogging is a great way to reach out and help people that we might not find in real life. It is such a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to check it all out. Thanks for the links sweet lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said blogging is selfish? I think this is an amazing Community. Thanks for sharing the links.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs