Moms Without Blogs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://momswithoutblogs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Starting Over - AGAIN!

Hey peeps. 

I've got a serious case of all kinds of mood-dipping going on due to the fact that one, I'm feeling crappy.  I'm sick.  

And two, I'm battling a bit of the blog-blah-blues which I understand is going around.  I'm actually in the middle of a blog "rescue plan" (sound familiar?) so I may be calling on a few of you to step in and bail me out. And it won't even cost you billions of dollars.

So while I take a dip in my pool of moods, I decided to do my own part in my rescue plan - by calling up a post that graced my blog at only 10 days old.  No one read it so why not re-use it now.  And it fits.  It totally perfectly described what went on in my home Monday evening, so it's beyond relevant.


You know what I love about each and every morning? 

It's a chance to start over and erase all of the crap that went on the day before. Every dawn, as a mother, brings with it the possibility of a smooth-running, fun-loving day of mommyhood. Today was a bit of a struggle mainly because I'm feeling a bit under the weather, and when all of my pistons aren't firing, it's bad news for the kiddies. My impatience is way worse, my boundless energy hits a roadblock, and my attempts at acting selfless are just feeble. 

So tonight, the homework and the dinner and the bath and the bedtime for my three kiddos disintegrated into a huge heap of pathetic blahness. I was mad at myself for being so short-tempered and lame with the kids but at the same time I couldn't snap out of it for even a second. But as all good mamas know, it's during these very moments that your kids all of a sudden become the wisest souls on the planet gently showing you the way.

I walked into my girls' room tonight to plant a kiss on CR's forehead. The Love Fairy, my 4-year-old was already deep in slumber beside her, and Bam-Bam, my toddler boy, had crashed out 30 minutes earlier in his crib.  As I said goodnight to CR, I said, 

"Sorry the evening didn't go as nicely as we would have liked." 

My soulful 6-year-old firstborn replied, 

"That's okay Mommy, we'll start over in the morning."

Amen to that.

24 comments:

  1. I love this concept...starting over.

    Most days recently should be mulligans...hoping for a good one today.

    Have a wonderful day, girl.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Cheers to new beginnings each and every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I could do with some kid wisdom these days. Perky thoughts to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great post and one I needed to be reminded of after yesterday!

    It was definitely an "eek" sorta day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel! I get the blog blues quite often!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way of looking at it. Thank you for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for the days that don't end with a prayer of "please let me be a better Mama tomorrow."

    A new day, indeed!!

    It might be time to treat yourself to more flowers :-) Hugs my dear bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great concept, actually. And not that far from the truth. ;)

    There's always tomorrow.

    And I will rescue you. I just gotta get my cape back from the cleaners. Last time I tried to rescue a fellow blogger, there was some...well...there was a bit of a mess.

    But I promise I'll do better with yours.

    ...and if I don't? Well, we'll try to do better tomorrow. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed that post the first time - It's great! We talk about "do-overs" all the time...
    It's the simple stuff that works the best - doncha think?

    Hope your blahs get better and you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! I love it. And I love how little ones actually let you too. If I was horrible to my husband he wouldnt let me forget it, but if I have a bad mommy moment, my little ones forget as soon as its finished...

    have a great new day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck getting over the blog blues- I think we all get it- I've said that it's best to blog when you have something to say- and do it well- instead of forcing something. I always regret the posts that I force. Good luck-. For the record- I think your post are always great and that's not because I win stuff here- we are our worst critic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, and the REALLY good news is we have roughly 6,570 chances to start over (even more if they become total slackers and live at home once they are 18).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kids make our world go round! I love the starting over! A new day a new view etc.
    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it nice when kids show a little compassion? Hope things are better today =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is my MANTRA at school! I teach the kids that


    "EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY!!"

    are we twins, girl???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Children are way smarter than we give them credit for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post made me tear up.
    I don't know why. But it did.

    My fav kid-wisdom moment?
    In the midst of yelling at my kids for something really not all that important Jack (age 4) looks at me and says "Mom are you all stretched out today?" After I stopped cracking up and realizing the irony of being both STRETCHED out and STRESSED out. Everything was okay.

    Hang in there.
    Feel better.
    We will be here when you get back fo' sho'.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wise words...from you and your child. I needed to hear that and to remember that tomorrow I get to start over. Especially since my four-year-old officially "fired me" today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so right, the wisdom of children.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this post the first time I read it, and I'm loving it again now. Your timing is impeccable because today was crappy on so many levels (you're not alone, hang in there!)

    Good thing we get to start over tomorrow.....I think.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey all you lovable commenters -- all these nice words have really helped kick start a "starting over" vibe for me...I got some things brewing and we'll update when I have it all ironed out....

    But thanks for reading and letting me know you're out there...

    Happy Day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i hope the next day was better lee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs